Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fantasy Politics

I've been watching TrueBlood on HBO recently. The concept of a realistic vampire integration into America is an allegory for the multitude of peoples who has traveled to US to seek freedom, equal rights, and liberty.

The news footages, and very realistic looking political campaign coverage, and on-air debate brings my mind to a new realization. Fiction is more exciting when you really really think about it like if it was real.

I mean, okay, it's not so hard to picture my boss as a blood sucking vampire... I mean he acts weirdly enough already. But, no really! think of it. All those people that I only see at night. What if they started political campaigns..

Ahh,  and that brings me to my main point. So there are a lot of fantasy foot ball leagues, and baseball, etc., etc. Why don't we start a fantasy politics? Where we establish rules and regulations and policies and political parties, and....

Hmmm, this needs a little more time in the oven...

No comments: